FORUM PROFILE

TRID-purpose type

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vellis
    Participant

I have a customer who owns their land with no liens on it. They are requesting a loan to purchase a mobile home. We will also be using the mobile home as collateral.
    The closing agent said that this could not be a purchase because there isn’t a sales contract.
    Would this be considered a Home Equity. I guess my brain gets hung up on if any part of the money is use to purchase it is a purchase.

Please help me out on this one.

Virginia

rcooper

Yes, it would be considered a home equity loan under TRID since you are not purchasing or refinancing the real property and it isn’t a construction loan.

1026.37(a)(9)(i)states: “Purchase. If the credit is to finance the acquisition of the property identified in paragraph (a)(6) of this section, the creditor shall disclose that the loan is for a “Purchase.””

Property defined in 1026.37(a)(6) is “[t]he address including the zip code of the property that secures or will secure the transaction, or if the address is unavailable, the location of such property including a zip code, labeled “Property.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.