SCRA Notice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #2535

    We were told by our external auditors that the SCRA Notice that goes out with our past due notices is abbreviated and needs to be more detailed. What we use now basically says if millitary service members or their dependents require counseling assistance call the military one-source toll-free number at 1-800-342-9647. The notice they recommend is a full one page disclosure which is form HUD-92070. It goes into detail about each of these questions:
    1. Who May Be Entitled to Legal Protections Under the SCRA?
    2. What Legal Protections Are Servicemembers Entitled To Under the SCRA?
    3. How Does A Servicemember or Dependent Request Relief Under the SCRA?
    4. How Does a Servicemember or Dependent Obtain Information About the SCRA?

    What is your thought about the full page notice being required with every past due notice?


    The full-page style notice has been required since 2006. The current version of the form is available at

    The notice must:
     Be sent to all homeowners who are in default on a residential mortgage;
     Include the toll-free military one-source number to call if servicemembers or their dependents require further assistance (1-800-342-9647); and
     Be made within 45 days from the date a missed payment was due, unless the homeowner pays the overdue amount before the expiration of the 45-day period.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.