FORUM PROFILE

CREDIT REPORTING

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gburton

ON COMMERCIAL LOANS ARE YOU REQUIRED TO REPORT GUARANTORS TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS?

JGo9
    Participant

There are no regulatory requirements that I’m aware of that would require you to report on the Guarantors.

gburton

WHAT ABOUT SOMEONE WHO HAS SIGNED INDIVIDUALLY ON COMMERCIAL LOAN ?

JGo9
    Participant

Same answer. There is nothing that would require the Bank to have to report.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If your customer wishes, you may report to the credit bureau(s). I know I’ve been in situations where the borrower actually did want their payment history to be reported. We issued a Notice of Negative Information and also got something from the borrower with them stating their specific request.

Vicki Kramer
    Participant

New question regarding Credit Reporting.

Is there a requirement that the bank report business purpose loans that are in the borrower’s name with d/b/a (John Doe D/B/A John’s Car Wash)? Or, to report Jane Doe’s loan that is in her name only but the purpose is business (business – purchase supplies)? In either case, does it matter if the borrower is using a SSN v. EIN? We do not report commercial loans in entity names (corporations, partnerships, LLCs, etc.) to the credit bureau. Thanks in advance for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.