SFHD and Lender ID #

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #4085
    HMDA Guy 78

    Is there any guidance available on what number to use for Lender ID # on a Standard Flood Hazard Determination form, in the event that an institution is doing two loans simultaneously for a customer – one to be sold to the secondary market (up to the $417,000 current threshold), and a second “Piggy-back” loan to be maintained in-house as a portfolio loan?

    I am checking with our SFHD provider to see if it is possible to enter both numbers, but am not yet sure if that is an option.


    The instructions for the SFHDF state:

    3. LENDER ID NO: The lender funding the loan should identify itself as follows: FDIC-insured lenders should indicate their FDIC Insurance Certificate Number; Federally-insured credit unions should indicate their charter/insurance number; Farm Credit institutions should indicate their UNINUM number. Other lenders who fund loans sold to or securitized by FNMA or FHLMC should enter FNMA or FHLMC seller/service number.

    Also keep in mind if the loan is sold you must notify FEMA: Check with your flood vendor to see if this is something they do and what you need to do, if anything.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.