FORUM PROFILE

RESPA Roundup Clarification

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cjernigan1211
    Participant

In the July 2010 RESPA roundup it discusses where the Consumer Does Not Use Service:

“If the service was lised on the GFE was not purchased, what should go into the borrower’s column on Page 2 of the HUD-1 an on the comparison chart on Page 3 of the HUD-1?

If the consumer did not purchase a service that was listed on the GFE (usually owner’s title) there should be nothing entered in that line on the Page 2 of the HUD-1 and the estimae of the charge should not appear on the camparison chart on Page 3 of the HUD-1.”

When it talks about the comparison chart on page 3 fo the HUD-1. Is it referring to just the HUD-1 column or is it referring to both the GFE and HUD-1 columns. I was under the impression the GFE amounts listed in the comparison chart should match the amounts disclosed on the GFE and the HUD-1 should show the actual charges at settlement. Can someone please clarify for me. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

jholzknecht
    Keymaster

If a fee listed on the GFE is not imposed you do not enter in either the GFE or HUD-1 column of the comparison chart. If you include it in the GFE column, but not in the HUD-1 column you are artificially inflating the tolerance for 10% tolerance group.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.