FORUM PROFILE

Olympics

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rcooper

My favorite Olympic sport is figure skating, my husband likes hockey and our son likes snowboarding. Our daughter is too young to tell us what is her favorite sport, but I think she secretly loves curling.:) So great to see athletes we don’t get to see very often.

I’m guessing Team USA and Team Russia are neck and neck leading the medal count with USA coming out as the leader.

Good luck Team USA!

afaust
    Keymaster

I love watching all the events, but I’m particularly excited to watch the Opening Ceremonies tonight! Figure Skating and Bobsleigh are my favorite events. The Russian figure skaters were really impressive last night, but I’m cheering on team USA!

rcooper

Anyone know the current medal count?

Ewhite

I enjoy watching all of the events, but my favorites are the ice skating, speed skating, and the ski jumping.

So proud of the American couple who did so well in the pairs ice skating last night!

jholzknecht
    Keymaster

It is interesting watching the network trash Russia, its president, the decision to locate the Olympics is Sochi and much more. I figure one of the reporters will get “disappeared” by the FSB (formerly know as the KGB).

jholzknecht
    Keymaster

What’s up with Bob Costas, the glasses and swollen red eyes? The official explanation is at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/olympics/wp/2014/02/11/matt-lauer-replaces-bob-costas-on-tuesday-nights-nbc-broadcast/.
    I told you the FSB would take care of the problem. Matt Lauer better speak carefully.

Ewhite

I saw on FaceBook (and we know how reliable that is) that the man responsible for the Olympic rings not working correctly in the opening ceremonies was found murdered in his hotel room! Yikes!!

afaust
    Keymaster

I read an article about his murder too. That’s horrible!

For anyone interested in the medal count as of 5:00pm EST on 2/11/14 here it is:

1.) Norway- 11 medals (4 gold, 3 silver, 4 bronze)
    2.) Canada- 9 medals (4 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze)
    3.) Germany- 5 medals (4 gold, 1 silver)
    4.) Netherlands- 8 medals (3 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze)
    5.) USA- 7 medals (2 gold, 1 silver, 4 bronze)

jholzknecht
    Keymaster

The FSB is ubiquitous.

rcooper

Apparently, the alleged murder of the Olympic Rings operator was a hoax. I saw that too and thought “well, that sounds about right,” but then someone told me to check it out on snopes. But I completely believed it and wasn’t surprised that something like that would happen there.

My son has decided he wants to be a hockey player.:) That and football are my biggest fears – but seeing that the nearest ice rink is an hour away I should be okay. Now… how to avoid football.:)

afaust
    Keymaster

Jack and I are watching the Olympics right now, and we’re wondering if the FSB just wants us to think it’s a hoax. 😉

rcooper

Good point:) !

MEDAL COUNT is close. ..

USA. 23
    RUSSIA 22
    NETHERLANDS. 22

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.