FORUM PROFILE

HMDA 2018 Legal Entity Identifier (LEI)

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Golfing12

I was reviewing the information to obtain the LEI and it appears that this information can only be requested from foreign companies. My bank does not want me to take this risk. Is there anyone in the United States that I can request this information from?

Thank you.

rcooper

The requirement for the ULI, including the LEI portion, is in 1003.4(a)(1) of the revised rules effective 1-1-18.

The requirement for the LEI is it be issued by:
    (1) A utility endorsed by the LEI Regulatory Oversight Committee; or
    (2) A utility endorsed or otherwise governed by the Global LEI Foundation (GLEIF) (or any successor of the GLEIF) after the GLEIF assumes operational governance of the global LEI system.

Here is a link to GLEIF page with LEI issuing organizations: https://www.gleif.org/en/about-lei/how-to-get-an-lei-find-lei-issuing-organizations. One of the organizations on that list is Business Entity Data B.V. (GMEI Utility).

We are hosting a HMDA webinar that will cover this on April 10. It is HMDA Implementing the New Rules Part 2 – Completing the Revised LAR and is accessible by clicking here.. This webinar will cover in detail the information that must be included on the revised LAR, including the LEI as part of the ULI, so you might want to check it out.

Below is information on the GMEI resource (that will be included in our manual) for obtaining an LEI:

The GMEI utility creates and assigns globally accepted Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs) in a standard format (ISO 17442). The system validates the accuracy of the associated reference data and stores all the information in a public database free for all to use and redistribute.

The GMEI utility is available at https://www.gmeiutility.org/index.jsp.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.