FORUM PROFILE

Flood – Flood Agent can’t correct error due to 2.0

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SMcNeal
    Participant

Our flood vendor is in the process of beginning the 45 day notice cycle requesting flood insurance with the same zone on a condo unit where the RCBP has an incorrect zone. Please see the correspondence below between the flood agent and Wright Flood Services. Has anyone else encountered this particular situation. All agree the zone needs to be correct but the agent and flood underwriter are unable to make the change? How are your institutions working through 2.0 and force placement.

Dear Agent,

Good Afternoon!
    This is an email to reiterate our discussion concerning the above referenced insured [redacted]. In reviewing, it appears the prior policy term was rated based on the risk being grandfathered into the zone X with the Declarations Page confirming that the current zone was VE.

In our discussion, it was determined that the above referenced policy, which was opted into the Risk Rating 2.0, reflected that the current zone was X. Due to the removal of grandfathering under Risk Rating 2.0, the current zone VE is no longer reflected. In our review, it was determined that the zone must be adjusted to reflect the current zone VE as the grandfathering may longer apply.

Unfortunately, at present, we do not yet have the means to endorse the above referenced policy that is rated under Risk Rating 2.0. Currently, we await guidance from FEMA that will allow said policy to be endorsed to the current zone VE to determine the rating. Once we are able to do so, we will reach out to advise of the change.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime [redacted]. Have a great rest of your day!

Sincerely,
    Flood Customer Services
    WRIGHT
    Wright Flood

jholzknecht
    Keymaster

I have heard a lot of complaints about 2.0 issues, but this is the first I have heard of this issue. I hope we hear from someone who has been through this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.