FORUM PROFILE

Fees Prepaid Finance Charge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sandy
    Participant

I am reviewing a TRID purchase loan to where the Title company conducted the closing. When the loan processor prepared the closing disclosure the KY Municipal Tax $35.05 to the title company, $56.10 KY Municipal tax to the title company, and $40 to the settlement agent (not us the Bank) were all shown as prepaid finance charges which I understand they are not to be. Is this a violation if they are listed as PFC if they are not? If so how do I write this up as a violation?

Yes this is a violation for not being disclosed properly. TRID requires that the amounts and who they are paid to be accurate. Understanding how to properly write this up depends first on were they allowed to shop for the title copy and settlement agent? Depending on the answers would determine if it is zero tolerance, 10% or a permitted violation for curing. You also have a violation for preparing the disclosure wrong. Since you have found it to be inaccurate you must ensure a revised document goes out. But to do that the first question I asked needs to be determined. allowed or not allowed.

NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is intended only for the addressee, and may contain confidential and privileged information either as protected work product or confidential client information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, retain, or disseminate this message or any attachment, and please contact the sender by reply e-mail or at 888.760.5646 and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments. Neither the transmission of this message or any attachment, nor any error in transmission or misdelivery shall constitute waiver of any applicable legal privilege.

THIS EMAIL AND ITS ATTACHMENTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.