FORUM PROFILE

Closing Disclosure

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mdunker

In testing our LOS Compliance One, I have found that they are giving me a whole closing disclosure for each borrower. Here is the reason they sent me why they are doing this. Based on the sample forms then why would this be the case?

Multiple consumers. When two consumers are joint obligors with primary liability on an obligation, the disclosures may be given to either one of them. If one consumer is merely a surety or guarantor, the disclosures must be given to the principal debtor. In rescindable transactions, however, separate disclosures must be given to each consumer who has the right to rescind under § 1026.23, although the disclosures required under § 1026.19(b) need only be provided to the consumer who expresses an interest in a variable-rate loan program. When two consumers are joint obligors with primary liability on an obligation, the early disclosures required by § 1026.19(a), (e), or (g), as applicable, may be provided to any one of them. In rescindable transactions, the disclosures required by § 1026.19(f) must be given separately to each consumer who has the right to rescind under § 1026.23. In transactions that are not rescindable, the disclosures required by § 1026.19(f) may be provided to any consumer with primary liability on the obligation. See §§ 1026.2(a)(11), 1026.17(b), 1026.19(a), 1026.19(f), and 1026.23(b).

rcooper

Could this be an abundance of caution approach to cover the disclosure requirement that they be given to each consumer with a rescindable interest? I have posted this in the Compliance One forum. Maybe you’ll get some feedback there from other users.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.