2022 – Real Estate Lending Compliance (Two Day Seminar Live in Louisville, KY)
February 1, 2022REGISTER NOW
**This is a LIVE seminar that will take place at Indiana Wesleyan university in Louisville, KY over the course of two days (February 1st and 2nd). The seminar will be broadcasted live, via the Internet, as a webinar as well. To sign up for the virtual version CLICK HERE.
If your institution registers two people for the live seminar, you will receive the recording of the webinar once the program has been completed. Please note, this does not include the ability for others to attend the webinar live. In order to attend the webinar live, you must sign up for the virtual option through the link above.
2022 – Real Estate Lending Compliance has been submitted to ABA Professional Certifications for CE credit review and is pending approval. Once we receive notification of the credit approval, we will notify attendees.
Congress has consistently provided special protection to consumer loan borrowers, especially those who secure loans with their home. There has been an explosion of new lending requirements over the past few years and the changes continue into 2022.
The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems. Emphasis is placed on coverage and exemption rules, determining which disclosures are required, the content of the required disclosures and prohibited acts or practices.
Every year major changes appear and this year is no exception. Big changes are pending with Fair Lending. Regulation B, and flood insurance,. The program and the manual have been completely updated for these rules.
Where else can you find:
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 major federal real estate lending compliance topics in two information packed days; and
- A 400-page manual that serves as a handbook long after the program has ended.
The following laws and regulations are covered:
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) – includes revisions to the ATR/QM rules and the latest guidance on TRID rules;
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act;
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) – includes guidance on the 2021 Interpretative rule on discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation, and a review of the proposed rules for data collection for small business loans;
- Fair Housing Act – includes a review of recent redlining cases;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) including a review of the final rule that updates thresholds for open-end credit, which is effective on January 1, 2022;
- Flood Insurance Rules – includes two sets of updated flood and private flood FAQs, and a new Standard Flood Hazard Determination form;
- Homeowners Protection Act;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act); and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
The program is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
This seminar runs from 9 AM – 4 PM EST on February 1st and 2nd at Indiana Wesleyan University in Louisville, KY (1500 Alliant Ave, Louisville, KY 40299)
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 46 years. In 41 years as a trainer over 155,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
February 1, 2022