With the release of Section 1071’s final rule on March 30th, 2023, HMDA reportable loans are now exempt from SBDC reporting. As a non-HMDA reporter, it is important for you to know the HMDA commercial loans that do not need to be reported or counted in originations to determine your compliance tier.
This session focuses on:
- A review of which commercial loans are and are not reportable on the HMDA LAR.
- When a mixed-use property is reported as a dwelling.
- How to report multifamily residential structures, such as manufactured home communities.
- HMDA rules on temporary financing.
- Detailed information on HMDA reportable fields and how they align or are different from Section 1071 collection fields.
- Clarification of the rules related to secondary market and broker transactions.
- The purpose of the Legal Entity Identifier and its impact on the Universal Loan Identifier.
This 90-minute on demand session provides insight into the murky areas of HMDA which may result in the failure to report the appropriate loans on the LAR or errors in reported data fields. In addition, this program will focus on data collection and reporting rules for both HMDA and 1071. You’ll get solutions to common problems that occur when collecting and reporting the HMDA data, and learn to avoid issues related to public disclosure of the information.
You’ll receive a manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed
Who should attend:
This session is designed for anyone who needs a better understanding of Commercial Lending HMDA Reportable loans and Section 1071’s final rule. It may be particularly beneficial for compliance officers, as well as those working in Staff responsible for HMDA collection, commercial lending, compliance, training, loan services, and auditing.