* Please note that the recording links will be delivered to you via a downloadable PDF in your confirmation e-mail. The materials that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
Congress has consistently provided special protection to consumer loan borrowers, especially those who secure loans with their home. The explosion of new lending requirements and changes to existing requirements continues into 2023.
The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems. Emphasis is placed on coverage and exemption rules, determining which disclosures are required, the content of the required disclosures and prohibited acts or practices.
Every year major changes appear and this year is no exception. Big changes are pending with Section 1071, Fair Lending, and Regulation B. The recording and the manual have been completely updated for the revisions as of 2/23/23.
Where else can you find:
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 major federal real estate lending compliance topics in two information packed days; and
- A 400-page manual that serves as a handbook long after the recording has ended.
The following laws and regulations are covered:
- Part I
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) – includes a review of the data collection and reporting rules for small business loans under Section 1071 of the Dodd-Frank Act;
- Fair Housing Act – includes a review of recent redlining, appraisal discrimination and loan pricing cases;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- – Part II
- Flood Insurance Rules – includes the new Flood Insurance Questions and Answers which, and the status of the Standard Flood Hazard Determination form;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) including a review of the case that lowers the threshold for closed-end mortgage loan coverage back to 25 loans;
- Part III
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) – includes revisions to the ATR/QM rules and the latest guidance on TRID rules;
- Part IV
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act;
- Homeowners Protection Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act); and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
This four-part webinar recording is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.