The Three Lines of Defense and Why You Need Them in Your Compliance Management System
October 18, 2022REGISTER NOW
All registrations to Compliance Resource webinars include five live connections AND the recording of the webinar (guaranteed for one year).
The Three Lines of Defense and Why You Need Them in Your Compliance Management System has been submitted to ABA Professional Certifications for CE credit review and is pending approval. Once we receive notification of the credit approval, we will notify attendees.
In this one-hour Lunch and Learn session, we’ll discuss how a braided, three-lines of defense structure around your compliance risk management can enhance your program and effectively mitigate risk.
This session will provide practical approaches to ensuring compliance is embedded in everyday processes and will cover:
- Defining the three lines of defense: business unit management, compliance, and audit
- Creating processes, tests, and monitoring initiatives to optimize each line and ensure they work seamlessly together
- Identifying common challenge areas and actionable tips to navigate through them successfully
- Addressing accountability – who should be doing what, when, and how.
- Taking corrective action and how proactive communication can positively impact your processes
- Using all lines to enhance risk assessment
Regulators often cite lack of governance, compliance culture, weak testing & monitoring, in poor CMS program examination reports. Join us October 18th to strengthen your CMS program and find out how properly addressing business unit management, compliance, and audits can build a strong, effective, compliant defense in your financial institution.
Top Reasons to Participate:
- Uncover potential blind spots within your CMS
- Gain actionable best practices and come away with a game-plan to implement a practical, three-pronged line of defense
- Avoid common pitfalls and find out what regulators are paying close attention to
- Get clarity on who is responsible for what and key tips for improving accountability across your FI
- Enhance your risk assessment and ensure compliance is effectively built into FI processes
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC and has more than a two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and consumer compliance. During her career she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Kimberly is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
October 18, 2022