BUNDLE: Lessons Learned – Recent Lending AND Deposit Compliance Enforcement Actions
April 5, 2022REGISTER NOW
This is a bundle of two upcoming webinars that are complimentary to one another. By purchasing this bundle, you’ll be saving a total of $75 off of the registration to the Lessons Learned – Recent Deposit Compliance Enforcement Actions (4/5) and Lessons Learned – Recent Lending Compliance Enforcement Actions (4/19) webinars. Each webinar can be registered for individually for full price at the following links:
Lessons Learned – Recent Deposit Compliance Enforcement Actions
Lessons Learned – Recent Lending Compliance Enforcement Actions
Register by March 11th and take advantage of our Early Bird Pricing!
All registrations to Compliance Resource webinars include five live connections AND the recording of the webinar (guaranteed for one year).
Lessons Learned – Recent Deposit Compliance Enforcement Actions and Lessons Learned – Recent Lending Compliance Enforcement Actions have been submitted to ABA Professional Certifications for CE credit review and is pending approval. Once we receive notification of the credit approval, we will notify attendees.
Every month the federal financial institution regulatory agencies publish lists of enforcement actions taken against financial institutions. Enforcement actions can include civil monetary penalties, consent decrees and cease and desist orders, to name a few.
Every enforcement action tells a story of a failure to comply and the actions required to remedy the situation. Every enforcement action is a lesson to be learned by others financial institutions. The actions required to cure the problems in one institutions are the actions required in other institutions to avoid the same problem.
Rarely are the identified problems unique. The stories are repeated month in and month out. Don’t be the next institution to fall into the same trap. Become aware of the problem and then look around to determine if the same problem exists in your institution. If the problem is present self-detection and prompt corrective action generally results in less severe penalties. If the problem does not exist take a few simple steps (policies, procedures and training) to assure the problem doesn’t occur in your institution.
These two-hour webinars are designed to make attendees aware of recent enforcement actions, the actions required in response to the action and the penalties or costs imposed with the hope that armed with such knowledge attendees can avoid similar problems.
Deposit on April 5th
Recent enforcement actions, common violations, and/or potential errors, related to:
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Unfair, Deceptive, and Abusive Practices
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Marijuana-related business
Lending on April 19th
Recent enforcement actions include, but are not limited to:
- Flood penalties (Multiple cases every month.);
- Truth in Lending reimbursement (A regular on the list.);
- Fair Lending (With the OCC as the most active regulator in this area.)
- RESPA Section 8
- Collection practices in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the UDAAP (Just when you thought you were safe. FDCPA does not apply to a financial institution collecting its own debt, but UDAAP does apply to an institution collecting its own debt.);
- Loans to insiders in violation of the provisions of Regulation O (Basic procedures help eliminate most Regulation O violations, but never underestimate the deceptive nature of certain insiders.);
- Redlining cases (These cases have risen rapidly in recent years. What is the current status?);
- Military Lending Act;
- UDDAP/UDAP issues related to interest-rate-lock process, forced-placed insurance, deceptive advertising, and more.
These lists will continue to grow between now and the program date as new enforcement actions and trends are released.
The deposit program is designed for Deposit Operations, Compliance Officers, Auditors, Management, and others with responsibilities related to opening, maintaining, and servicing deposit related accounts and products.
The lending program is designed for Loan Department management, Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of loans.
*This programs will start at 2:00 PM EDT, 1:00 PM CDT, 12:00 PM MDT, or 11:00 AM PDT
This webinars will be recorded and sent to all registrants. You will receive links to the recording following the program. These recordings have unlimited viewings and are available for up to one year.
Register by March 25th and take advantage of our Early Bird Pricing!
April 5, 2022