Reply To: Protect My Kentucky Home Disclosure


It isn’t spelled out in the KRS, but I believe it is intended for those who could possibly lose their home. The KRS states that the mortgagee must give the document(s) approved by the Kentucky Homeowner Protection Center to the homeowner, while the KHPC website says to give it to residential borrowers. Since the notice required has a place for the address we assume it needs to be included. In this case there is an additional homeowner other than the borrower whose home is being used as collateral. Although it isn’t clearly stated, I believe the best practice would be to give it to both in this circumstance.