* Please note that the recording links will be delivered to you via a downloadable word document in your confirmation e-mail. The materials that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
Congress has consistently provided special protection to consumer loan borrowers, especially those who secure loans with their home. There has been an explosion of new lending requirements over the past few years and the changes continue into 2022.
The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems. Emphasis is placed on coverage and exemption rules, determining which disclosures are required, the content of the required disclosures and prohibited acts or practices.
Every year major changes appear and this year is no exception. Big changes are pending with Fair Lending. Regulation B, and flood insurance,. The program and the manual have been completely updated for these rules.
Where else can you find:
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 major federal real estate lending compliance topics in two information packed days; and
- A 400-page manual that serves as a handbook long after the recording has ended.
The following laws and regulations are covered:
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) – includes revisions to the ATR/QM rules and the latest guidance on TRID rules;
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act;
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) – includes guidance on the 2021 Interpretative rule on discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation, and a review of the proposed rules for data collection for small business loans;
- Fair Housing Act – includes a review of recent redlining cases;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) including a review of the final rule that updates thresholds for open-end credit, which is effective on January 1, 2022;
- Flood Insurance Rules – includes two sets of updated flood and private flood FAQs, and a new Standard Flood Hazard Determination form;
- Homeowners Protection Act;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act); and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
The recording is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.